Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Monday and Tuesday

Sorry I didn't make it to my blog yesterday, I didn't get much of anything done honestly. We had class until 3:30, which means it was almost 5:00 before we made it anywhere else. We've seen buses that say "Oceanview Terminal" and we've wanted to take it to go see the ocean, well come to find out "ocean view" is actually the name of a mall out on a bay. The Brittania, which I believe is the Royal Yacht is docked there. It wasn't nearly as exciting as we hoped, but it was something different that the same thing we've seen every other day.
Today after class we went in to town to get some last minute souvinier shopping done. The others are planning on shipping some things home, but I think I will just check both of my bags (I brought a small rolling suitcase as a carry on) and possibly buy a little duffel to carry on with me. That seems a lot cheaper than the almost 100 pounds or 165 dollars it would take to ship something home. Some stores will ship things for you, but i don't have anything I am concerned about getting home. It might get a little heavy, but I think i'll be alright. Heather had a LONG list of things she needed to buy, but she knew exactly where they were so that made it alot easier.
I bought my own pair of 'hammer pants' today. Clay says they aren't 'hammer' pants, they are more Bollywood... or indian ish. They actually are quite versitile, and very comfortable. Mrs. Scott refuses to allow us to wear them on the plane though... I just don't understand!!! haha
Other that that, we got home a little later than usual and I wanted to get my homework done so I can finish the next one tomorrow night, and the last one on the train ride back to London. Procrastination is a gift I tell you! and ineality I'm not even procrastinating that much, its just put me behind on blogging and e-mails, ect.
We are at 9 days away from being back in Texas.. the month has flown by already. London will be busy busy while we are there. The money the school sent with Dr. Scott is holding out well so it looks like he will be able to buy us tickets to 2 'broadway' performances. I want to see Phantom of the Opera and Possibly Lion King, but maybe Wicked instead....It is supposed to be the Wizard of Oz from the wicked witches point of view. Either way it is going to be fun and BUSY. I'm going to be sooooo tired when make it back. I'm threatening to call my massuse to make an appointment for Friday morning. I think momma thinks I'm kidding.. but Im not. These beds are horrible.... probably not any worse than my dorm room bed from the first year in college... but its bad. Between the bed and cold weather I stay tied up in knots.
The weather was interesting today. It was almost hot.. I know can you imagine. Of course I was wearing my hoodie, but if I took it off I would have been cold. It just kind of 'spit' most of the afternoon but never really rained. Praying for clear skies for just a couple more days.. We are trying to send it to Texas I promise.
Have a good couple of days. I'm sure i'll be blogging soon!
Kait

4 comments:

  1. Bring on the rain. What kind of pants?
    Sound like you'll be home before we know it.
    Hve fun. Luv BLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE to see Wicked. I saw it in London and it's awesome. You'll love it. I'd pick Wicked and Phantom....I'd sooo see Wicked again. Sounds amazing! Make these last 9 days as European as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I'm glad you were brave enough to buy the hammer pants. We called them that too...I still think the US is a good couple of years away from making those part of our usual wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe you are into your last day in Scotland. This time next week, you'll be packed up and headed to San Angelo. It sounds like you are enjoying your time with plans for more fun in London. We're anxious to see you. bshfly

    ReplyDelete